Monday, August 8, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Gettin' it Together
Or at least trying.  My house.  My schedule.  My family.  And anything else that might be falling apart around here.  ; )  School starts back on 
   and we began our practices this morning.  You know, practicing getting out of bed before 10 or 10:30?  Got them up a little after 8 this morning.  That time will move back a little each day until we make it to six a.m.  *sigh*  I can't believe summer is over and we're back to this.  :(  

The Guest Room is Currently Occupied
My mom is visiting us for a few days.  Tucker is thrilled because that means a new victim  person to play games with him.  One after another after another after another.  Board games, card games, you name it.   That boy is a game playing animal!  He can go for hours at a time without a break, even when his opponents are begging for mercy.  

Gettin' Down to Business
My girl is, anyway.  Brie has started her own bakery business and after only a month it is really taking off!  : )  For those of you on Facebook, you can find her at The Tasty Cupcakery and you may feel free to 'like' her page.  ; )  Her website is currently under construction but as soon as she has it up and running, I'm sure she'll post the address.  Be sure to take a look at the photos of her creations!   Not only does she make beautiful and delicious cupcakes, but she also makes salted caramels, marshmallows, graham crackers, and all sorts of yummy stuff.  One of our faves is when she takes a couple of her graham crackers, sandwiches a homemade marshmallow between them, and then dips the entire thing in chocolate!  Sort of a homemade 'Moon Pie', if you will.  GOOD STUFF.  : )
Here are a couple of shots of the cupcakes she made for a Hello Kitty party this weekend:

She cut out those fondant Kitties freehand...no cookie cutters involved.

Just Peachy
Just wanted to share a pic of my latest kitchen creation.  I've told you all before that I make the ugliest pies known to man.  I just don't have that touch when it comes to making crusts and they never look terribly appetizing. They don't taste bad at all, but they're UGly.   That's with a capital UG.  ; )
Anyway, when I make a pie I like to have fun with it.  I did just that this weekend.  I got a little creative with some pastry and a sharp knife and this is what I ended up with:


I think that's just about all the miscellany I can handle for today.  
Wanna join in the party?
Head on over to Carissa's
and link up!