Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kindred Connection...Goin' Hollywood!

I'm joining Kristen over at Windy Poplars for Kindred Connection again this week. It's the Movie Edition! Won't you join in? : )

Windy Poplars

1. What was your favorite movie as a child?
As a really small child, it was The Wizard of Oz. It aired only once a year and it was really something to look forward to! My nephew (he's less than three years younger than me) would come to the house to watch it with me.

2. If you could live in any movie as your fictional world, which one would it be?
Under the Tuscan Sun. I absolutely adore the Italian countryside and the little cottage that Diane Lane's character bought and renovated. I love the friendships that she formed and the person she became while overcoming the pain of betrayal.

3. Have you ever seen a midnight showing, or hosted a movie release party? Tell us about it!
YES!!! I attended my first midnight movie last fall and I told all about it here. Getting ready to see another next week! : ) It is lots of fun to share with my daughters.

4. What movie release are you most looking forward to this year?
Quite honestly I'm not sure I even know what is coming out this year. I usually only hear about new releases when I see trailers at the theater and the only things I've seen lately are kids' movies like Shrek and Toy Story. (Both EXCELLENT, I might add!) : ) I did see a poster for Ramona and Beezus and I think it will be GREAT as long as they stay close to the books! : )

5. Are you a theatre goer, renter, or wait-and-buyer?
Totally depends upon the movie. There are some I know I want to see on the big screen and there are others I think I'd rather view at home. If I am unsure that a movie is worth my entertainment bucks, I will surely wait for it to come out on DVD.