Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Name that bloom!

Today we are getting some much needed showers, so I thought I'd share a few of the pics I took yesterday. I'd be very happy if you could help me name a couple of these flowers.

This is one of my favorite daylilies, but I have no idea which variety. Would you happen to know its name?

It doesn't bloom for nearly as long as my Stella D'Oros, but I think it is so pretty.

This is my tickseed (coreopsis) that has just begun to bloom. I love this flower! It has such soft foliage and the little blooms are like tiny bursts of sunlight!



Now for the $64,000.00 question.....
WHAT IS THIS???
I'll get another shot of it once the blooms open, but I thought someone might possibly recognize it as it is. A friend gave me these last year but she simply referred to them as 'trailer flowers' because they grew around an old trailer that was parked on her grandmother's farm. :) Somehow I doubt that's the correct name for them and I thought that perhaps one of you might know just what it is.

And a couple of shots of my little nook on the wraparound end of the porch. It isn't yet just the way I want it, but I haven't been able to come up with exactly what it is I'm missing down there. I may end up finding something that interests me this weekend when I get to visit a few flea markets. Wish me luck!