Monday, June 7, 2010

Rambling on Monday ...Just Odds and Ends

I can't believe it is Monday again already! Time sure is flying by and I'm just hanging on for dear life and trying to keep up.

Today was the last day of school for our county, and it was only a 1/2 day so school is now officially out for summer! : )

This is a good thing. A very good thing, as a matter of fact. I was ready for it and I know the kids were, too. It's been a long school year.

This is a shot of my Tucker Man (in the red shirt) receiving a couple of awards this morning.



He won a BEARS award (for student responsibility) and a medal for 'staying on green' (a card system they use for behavior) all year. WTG, Tucker Man! I'm very proud of you, buddy! :)


Over the weekend our 4H club had a huge yard sale. I don't go to lots of yard sales but since I was there to work concessions anyway I decided to have a look around. I ended up buying some books...a handful of paperbacks for me and three hardcover Shel Silverstein books for Tucker. The Silverstein books were in great condition and I got them for $1 apiece!

Can't beat that! :)

I also found these beauties:



Aren't they pretty? They're very heavy iron pieces and I'm still undecided as to how I'll be using them. I just saw them for $2 each and knew I HAD to have them! Great deal, huh? Any super ideas for something neat to do with them? I don't even care if I use them together or separately.

There is another thing I'd like to find at a yard sale. Earlier in the spring I saw this:

And decided I'd go pick up a cheap pair of rain boots for the front porch.

Guess what...THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A CHEAP PAIR OF RAIN BOOTS!!!

Talk about sticker shock. At WalMart they are more than $20/pair!


I was stunned!

So I think I'll hit a few local yard sales and see what I can find. Wish me luck!

I knew this was going to be a rambling post. Hope you were able to keep up! The Hubster says I jump from one thing to another and he has no idea most of the time how my mind works. But that's okay.

I'm perfectly happy here in my own little world.