Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I miss...

...sunshine. We've seen so little of it these past few weeks. I don't mind cold weather and I even adore snow, but a little peek of sunshine from time to time is nice, too.

...my kids when they aren't here. Yes, after too much togetherness due to so many snow days they start to get on each others nerves. They bicker and argue from time to time. But there are always those priceless moments when I realize it's terribly quiet and that's when I find them together, playing a game or having a civil conversation. I have so many snapshots of those moments in my mind because those are the times that mean the most. Someday they'll realize that, too.

...being able to concentrate long enough to actually read a book. I'm struggling with that lately. If you know me at all you know how much I LOVE to read. Right now I'm in the midst of a painfully long dry spell. HELP.

...my Daddy. Always do. Some days it's just a lot more than others.

...something I can't quite put my finger on, but there's a little empty space that needs filled. I'm searching for something to occupy it. A hobby? Just the right book? (That would kill two birds with one stone, huh?) Some little something. I'll figure it out.

...warm feet. My feet haven't been warm since August. Seriously.

And now that all of that is out of my system, I'm gonna get on with my day. Sometimes you just need to unload, ya know? ; )