Monday, January 24, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Yes, it's Monday again. The kiddies are off to school, the Hubster is off to work and I am about to get busy here at home. But first, here's a heapin' helpin' of miscellany to start your day. : )

You can link up here: Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

*Drew (my oldest) called me and said "What does kidNAPED mean?" (Yes, he was being a smarty pants. He knew what I meant here.) I told him that every time I typed it in with two p's, I get the squiggly red line underneath telling me it's spelled wrong. So I looked it up and as it turns out, BOTH spellings are acceptable. So, in case you were wondering, you can spell it either way.

And they wonder why our kids have such trouble with the English language.


*Two days after being kidnaped/kidnapped and my feet are still feeling pretty. ; )

*We hit Sam's over the weekend to restock the freezer with meat. Today I'll be making a large pot of spaghetti sauce to divide and freeze. YUMMY! : )

*There will be a new recipe posted in Kelli's Kitchen today. (If there is time. If not, tomorrow.) Brie snapped pics yesterday while I made a chicken pot pie, WV style. : ) No pastry crust involved. This one is super simple and made with biscuits! Another YUMMY! : )

*And a cool little bit of trivia for today:

It is 1921. A young boy walks into a candy store and has a few pennies to spend. The little guy doesn't often get to have such treats and he has a great deal of trouble deciding between a candy bar and ice cream. The store owner, Christian Kent Nelson, watched the lad as he struggled to make his choice and suddenly had a terrific idea: What if I could find a way to make chocolate stick to ice cream? Nelson paired up with a local chocolatier, a man named Stover (yes, a Mr. Russel Stover) who began to mass produce and market the frosty confections. And on this day in 1922, Mr. Nelson was awarded the patent for the much loved Eskimo Pie. : )
Now how's that for ingenuity? : )