Monday, January 3, 2011

Routine Comfort

I'm discovering that routine may be my friend. There's a certain comfort in it, ya know?

After a nice, long Christmas break for the kids, I was setting the alarm last night and truly dreading it going off this morning. I mean really. After all those days of sleeping in (just a little...The Hubster still had to go to work most days) who wants to be awakened by that blaring, shrill alarm sounding while it's still dark outside the window?

And that's not the worst part.
The worst part is knowing you have to go out in the cold so doggone early in the morning!

So last night I put my head down on the pillow and the next thing I knew...

(No, I don't get up THAT early. I also don't make my own clipart. ; ) )

And I knew I had to get up immediately or there was no hope I'd get up for quite some time. (I don't do snooze. I simply shut off the alarm and then fall back to sleep long enough to cause The Hubster to be late to work, the kids late to school and my whole day to be slightly off kilter because of the morning rush.)

So out of bed I rolled and boy oh boy, did I ever get with the program!

After making myself presentable (aka: coming my hair, brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc.), I whipped up some biscuits.
Made coffee for The Hubster and packed his lunch.
Printed off a report for Perri.Wrote Tucker's excuse for missing the last two days before break.Helped Perri curl her hair.
Got everyone out the door and then straightened up the house.

Pretty good morning, I'd say.

I think I got more accomplished by 8:00 a.m. than I did throughout the entire Christmas break!

Wonder if this is any indication of a new me in 2011?



Well now, let's not get too carried away.