Friday, January 21, 2011

We've Been Adopted....AGAIN!

I don't want another cat.

I don't need another cat.

Looks like I have another cat.

I think I've posted about Bob, the cat who adopted us 5 or 6 years ago. She just kind of showed up, hung around, got fed and decided we were her family. She's been a really good cat. She's an excellent mouser (we live in a cow pasture and where there are fields, there are field mice; we've never had one in the house and I think Bob is partly to thank for this) and she is great with the kids.

So, after growing up with a mom who despises cats and thinking I must hate them, too...well, here I am. A cat owner. Or owned by a cat. Whatever. It's all the same.

Now along comes this:



And the kids are begging and pleading to keep it.

She is really pretty. I mean, look at those eyes!
Well, that eye. It was tough to get a pic of her. She doesn't hold still much, even when you're petting her. But I can assure you the other eye is just as lovely as the one you see here. ; )

But she must belong to someone nearby and I'm searching for her owner. I'm sure they are missing her and want her to come home.

Then I'll have to deal with this:

(So his hair's not combed and he didn't put in his contacts. It's a snow day!)

The frowny face is because I'm searching for the owner.

*sigh*