Monday, January 10, 2011

The Pantry...or what's left of it

You know, it hadn't been all that long since I had cleaned up the pantry. Just before the holidays is what I'm thinking; before I started stocking up for Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking/baking.

Regardless, it got B.A.D. Really. Here's the proof:

Aside from that, it became obvious to me that I did not check expiration dates as I was cleaning it out the last time. Or the time before that. VERY obvious. Can you read the dates on the bottoms of these spice cans?

I saw 2000, 2001, 2007, etc.
Sad. Very, very sad.

In my defense, I have been using the spices way up there on top of that wall rack. (This is an AFTER shot of the rack, by the way. I forgot to take a BEFORE.)

Those spices in the plastic tubs? I get them from Amish Country and they are so fresh and flavorful. So it sort of stands to reason that I neglected to check the dates on those cans.

At least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Then there are the boxes of Jello and pudding mix. Well now, we just won't talk about how many of those I trashed.

Anyway, here are the after shots:
Hanging that roasting pan there really does free up cabinet space.
Those are pie drip pans hanging beneath it.



Better? I think so. And there is nothing outdated on the shelves so I don't have to worry quite so much about making my entire family seriously and excruciatingly ill.

That's always a plus.

Now...on to the next project! My closet perhaps?

If you don't see me in the next 24 hours, please send a rescue squad.

BTW: The bread dough/cinnamon roll recipe is up now! Just visit my kitchen! : )