Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Highly Recommend It!

We all know that I am not a beauty or skincare guru and I have no sponsorship on this blog that forces me to give rave reviews for certain products. I'd never do that anyway...give rave reviews under force. If I can't be honest about a product, I just won't say anything at all. But today I do have something nice to say about a lotion I've been using for the past week. When I find something that works, I like to share the good news!

First of all, I have very dry skin. Very, very dry skin. And believe me when I tell you that I've tried just about every lotion and cream out there. Some of them feel great when I put them on but have no lasting power. Others I can tell from the get-go are going to do positively nothing. It gets really old dropping big bucks on products that end up in the garbage can.

So here is one I can recommend with a clear conscience:

This is good stuff.

Here is how I know.

I push up my sleeves a lot. I mean really, a lot. Don't guess I had ever realized just how often until I started using this lotion.

Typically I just push them up and start washing dishes or unloading the washing machine or doing whatever the task at hand may be. And I obviously think nothing of it. But that first day I used this lotion I started paying attention to this habit because it became much more noticeable to me. You see, my sleeves didn't just slide right on up my arms like they usually do. When your skin is dry, it provides no resistance. That day it seemed that it took just a little more effort to get those sleeves up where I wanted them. Why? Because my arms were softer and felt....well, moisturized! There was a little 'drag' because my sweater wasn't just moving across dry, lifeless skin. I couldn't believe what I was feeling!

Then Realistic Me paid a visit and whispered in my ear: "It's only because you just put it on a little while ago! Give it a few more minutes. You'll never know it was there."

But a few minutes, even a few hours, later...I could still feel how much softer my skin was. Like I said, good stuff. A little over $6 a bottle at WalMart and worth every penny.

So there is my PSA for today. Hope it helps those of you who suffer with dry skin the way I do. I've never been quite so excited about pushing up my sleeves! ; )