Saturday, January 15, 2011

Something to Ponder

I was searching for quotes to put in my 'Quote of the Day' area...you know, that one over there. ---->
I don't change it nearly often enough. It says 'Quote of the Day' not 'Quote of the Month' or 'Quote of the Quarter'. And though I adore quotes and sifting through them for just the right one, I'm not good at remembering. Or I'm just busy. Take your pick.

Anyway, I wanted to change my background from the New Year theme. I
know it is still a relatively new year, but in the grand scheme of things...well, we're more than a couple of weeks into it. Time to move on. ; )

So I chose a background in the Valentine section. One that's not too Valentine-y because I'm not too Valentine-y either, if you know what I mean. It's Valentine-y enough to suit me and I figured as long as I was dressing things up, I may as well post a new quote, too. Something love related.

Just keeping with the theme of things, ya know.

I visited Quote Garden, one of my favorite sites, and I came across this one:


To find someone who will love you for no reason,
and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.
~Robert Brault~

Now does that get you thinkin' or what?


I believe we're all guilty of getting so caught up in day to day living that we forget what used to be, back in the days of young romance.

We forget that rush of excitement we felt at the thought of seeing the one we love.

We forget the simple thrill of holding hands.

We lose sight of the things that were once so electrifying to us because now...

Now we take the relationship for granted .

We know they're going to be there; that they're not going anywhere.

And we just stop.

No more sweet surprises just to see them smile.

No kind gestures, just because.

No more reasons.

And that is sad.

After all, to whom should we be kinder than the person with whom we share our lives?

Why is it that familiarity really does seem to breed contempt?

Okay, so perhaps contempt is a bit too strong a word, but you get my drift.

We are often kinder to mere acquaintances than we are to our own spouse.

There is something quite wrong with that picture.

Fridge worthy, this quote.

Yes, it certainly is.

This one is going on the fridge. In bold type AND italics.

Maybe we could all stand to be a little more Valentine-y.