Monday, January 17, 2011

There's a reason it's called 'SHRED'


I had originally thought that instead of being called 'SHRED', Jillian Michaels' workout routine should be called 'SHED'. After all, you'll be shedding pounds and shedding fat, right?

But it turns out she named it just exactly right.

It will SHRED your muscles into throbbing, burning, limp-as-noodle masses that won't even support your weight.

It will SHRED your dignity when you find yourself panting so hard that you fear hyperventilation.

It will SHRED your self-esteem when you realize you're only about 1/3 of the way through the workout.

The LEVEL ONE workout.

Yeah. It's that tough.

And I'm that out of shape.


But I figure if I add a little more time to each workout, I'll eventually get there. I'm just not a very patient person and I'm always thinking I can do more than I actually am capable of doing.

Still, just in case my lifeless body should be found in a completely unnatural position, clad in ill-fitting workout clothes and with (pitifully light, teeny-tiny) hand weights lying close by...

Well, be a pal.

See to it that Jillian is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

That woman is WICKED!