Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5,113 Days Ago

(That was 14 years ago, by the way.)

It was October 26, 1996 and it was a Saturday.

The Yankees beat the Braves 3-2 in game 6 of the World Series.

A new episode of Early Edition aired, titled Thief Swipes Mayor's Dog.

There was a tornado outbreak in Minnesota.

But in Glasgow, WV it was a drizzly day; gray and overcast. I was watching neither Game 6 nor Early Edition (though I dearly love both my Yankees and Kyle Chandler!) because I was a bit preoccupied.

This was me:


I was just a little over-dressed for the ballgame or sitting at home watching any type of serial television.

But at least I wasn't alone. This guy was there, too.
Lucky for me.
It would have been pretty lonely standing in the front of that church all by myself.


He even took off work today so we could celebrate, so we're outta here.

I foresee the Olive Garden in my very near future.
And if there is anything decent playing, maybe a movie.
And of course, a few other stops...
Like Lowe's, Books a Million, the mall.

Do we know how to celebrate BIG or what?


8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Kelli! Hope you and your hubby have a great day---whatever you decide to do! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Kelli! You celebrate the same way we do. When you have a family, this truly is celebrating big, don't ya think? Have a wonderful time.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Kelli! And that's the best kind of celebrating~ just being together, experiencing life! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelli, I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your husband!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! When you only need the simple things that is true love! My husband and I usually go to Bass Pro Shop for soup and drinks (he orders my tonic water just the way I like it) and I get to look at the pretty fishies! Then we go looking for new camping gear! It doesn't matter what you do its who you are with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like my kind of celebrating!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )