Monday, October 25, 2010

How 'bout them 'eers!?!?

Oh, wait.

They lost.

I nearly forgot.

But that's okay because the BAND was worth the drive to Morgantown! : )

The WVU Marching Band (aka: The Pride of West Virginia) never, ever disappoints and this homecoming weekend at WVU was no exception.
Plus we had the added bonus of seeing the Alumni Band!

The Alumni Band struttin' their stuff...


Did I ever tell you how much I love a band?


THIS MUCH!!!





Anyway, the pregame show was fantastic! As always. Since I couldn't really get a good shot of the band from our seats, here is one of them on the JumboTron. They form the shape of the great state of WV! Isn't that awesome? And they march the length of the field, then invert the state so the fans on the other side of the field can appreciate it, too! Then they march the length of the field again. Pretty amazing. And they sound fantastic, too. :)

A couple more shots.



And here is our Mountaineer mascot:
The team entering the field via the HUGE inflatable helmet:


A shot of the crowd. That's a whole lot of blue and gold!


And I suppose that since it was a football game, after all,
I need to post a pic of some football action.


There.

Now on to bigger and better things.
That is, as far as Tucker was concerned, these are bigger and better things.




That handy-dandy little blue and gold car is part of the PRT system in Morgantown.
The PRT (Personal Rapid Transit) is a lifesaver for WVU students because the University campus is all over the place. It's pretty terrific for folks like us on game day, too.
This is some of the scenery we enjoyed on the way across town to the stadium.




This was indeed the highlight of Tucker's day. : )
He thought the PRT was just about the coolest thing ever.

And just one more thing before I go.

I have a little wish to make.

I sincerely wish with all my heart that the seriously drunk young woman who sat behind us,
showering us with her peanut shells and jabbing Tucker and me in our backs with her knees
throughout the entire second half of the game,
has suffered a horrendously intense hangover ALL DAY TODAY.

She totally deserves it.

6 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle because a.) My husband gets excited over simple things too, and b.) Part of the reason why I don't enjoy large crowds or stadiums is because I too tend to find the man and/or woman who has too much too drink and seems to intentionally invade personal space.....thanks for the smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. prts are way cool!!!

    adore marching bands when you can hear them live.

    sounds like a great time...except for ms drunky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great sense of humor... that last comment made me LOL. And that train on the campus is really a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love going to the games and watching my sons play football or baseball or any other kind of ball they participated in! It's been a long time since I've gone to a game. I too hope the lady had a good hangover after being to rude! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny, your last comment. I would probably wishing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what awesome pics of the game Kelli!! Gotta love that blue and gold..its so heartwarming for any West Virginian! LOL..I dont blame u for your last comment..I'd feel the same way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )